Halogen Media Group Merges with YouCast
Deal helps brands and agencies reach influencers with paid and earned media at scale
SAN FRANCISCO, CALIF—APRIL 27, 2011—Halogen Media Group today announced that it has merged with New York-based YouCast, a social advertising and technology firm. YouCast will operate as a wholly-owned subsidiary of Halogen. Co-founders John Eaton and Jonathan Cohen will remain in their current roles as President and chairman/chief development officer, respectively. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
“Marketers and agencies are increasingly looking for solutions that reach influencers, integrate paid and earned media, and do it all at scale,” said Halogen CEO Greg Shove. “We’ve excelled at reaching influencers with premium paid media at Halogen, but the earned media component needed strengthening. YouCast’s track record, technology, and team quickly emerged as the perfect fit.”
Managing and activating influencers on the authentic and social web is the next great marketing imperative for brands, and it will be accomplished with a combination of technology, media solutions and strong analytics. Together, YouCast and Halogen will work to expand and refine influencer media offerings across paid and earned media channels to help brands succeed in today’s influence-driven marketplace.
Over the last three years, YouCast has implemented high-profile earned and social media initiatives for clients like PepsiCo, GE, Turner Entertainment and the NBA. “John and I have always been passionate about bringing the rigor of paid media analytics to the earned media channel; this merger amplifies our ability to realize this vision,” said Jonathan Cohen, chairman and chief development officer of YouCast. “We think one of the measures of success for a paid media campaign will be the volume of social currency created by that campaign. Our merger with YouCast enables Halogen to deliver social currency results from branded display campaigns,” said Greg Shove. The deal presents significant opportunities for Fortune 500 brands in search of influencer marketing solutions at scale. The combined companies will also serve agencies seeking to partner with a media technology and services firm that offers authentic publisher reach and a tech platform that can quantify the value of their social activation spending.
YouCast is an influencer relationship management company that delivers brand-sponsored social activation at scale. The firm has a network of tens of thousands of influential web publishers and technology solutions that allow companies to efficiently manage influencer relations and build custom influencer networks at scale. The company’s platform allows it to cultivate brand ambassadors and reward them for their advocacy, thus driving reach and amplification even higher. The company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Halogen Media Group and is based in New York City. www.youcast.com.
About Halogen Media Group
Halogen is a fast-growing media technology and services firm that operates at the nexus of the rapidly evolving advertising and media industries. Halogen curates highly engaged and influential online audiences, and facilitates the megaphone of social influence among these audiences with a compelling mix of paid and earned campaigns. The company has offices in Los Angeles, New York City and San Francisco. www.halogenmediagroup.com.
# # #
Amy Janzen for Halogen
- The Lineup: A New Community for Mystery Fans
- SocialChorus Closes $7.5M in Series B Funding and Opens Vancouver Office
- Open Road and Bill Gates Revitalize Business Adventures
- City Colleges of Chicago Saves Students $4 Million with Akademos
- College CFO’s Confirm Students are Shopping Outside the College Bookstore Looking for More Competitive Textbook Pricing
- Akademos Ranks Textbook Affordability for 1,500 Colleges and Universities
- ClearEdge Power Completes Acquisition of UTC Power
- Wordlock Featured on DIY Network’s “I Want That”
- The Chicago School of Professional Psychology Partners with Akademos to Improve Online Bookstore Services
- Al Jazeera buys Current TV, will launch new channel
- ClearEdge Power to Acquire UTC Power
- Cloud-based SocialChorus delivers real-time analytics
- What is the Future of Books in a Digital World?
- Virtual Bookstore Services Provider Akademos Releases Summary of Student Textbook Sales and College Bookstore Revenue Trends
- Florida Technical Colleges Adopt Virtual Bookstores as Cost-Effective Alternative to On-Campus Bookstores
- Thank you James, Caitlin, Katie, Shaw, Vanessa(s), Liz, Michelle
- Akademos Launches Textbook Adoption Tool, an Online Portal for Selecting the Best Textbooks Based on Quality and Value
- London Book Fair 2012: Open Road Launches International Program with Mondadori
- Scripps Networks Interactive acquires RealGravity Inc.
- Author of her own destiny
- Vintners’ Alliances’ Winery Partners Sell 14% More Wine
- ClearEdge Designs Fuel Cells To Replace Power From The Grid
- Nine Titles Join Alice Walker Ebook Collection From Open Road Integrated Media
- Travel and Leisure: America’s Coolest Coffee Houses
- Portland Community College Celebrates Commissioning of Combined Heat and Power Fuel Cell System